Monday, January 23, 2012

Free Vintage Digital Stamp - Lady Liberty

Free Digital Stamp
Digital Download

NYC Statue of Liberty

Have you ever seen
Lady Liberty in person?

Click to download/save jpg image...}

She sits in the New York harbor
not far from Ellis Island.

The Statue of Liberty was
a gift from France.
{Merci beaucoup!}


{Click to download/save jpg image...}

Lady Liberty arrived from
France circa 1885
in about 350 pieces
and was assembled
in four months...


{Click to download/save png image...}
The above image has a transparent background.

The first elevator was installed
inside circa 1907.

The Statue is made of copper,
which has oxidized causing the green
patina coating and is about 305 feet tall.

The Statue weighs about
450,000 lbs or 225 tons.

The seven crown spikes
represent the seven seas and
continents of the world.

Private boats are not allowed
to dock at Liberty Island.

Lady Liberty faces Southeast,
welcoming ships as they enter the harbor.

~~~~

Thank you for stopping by!
Free Vintage Downloads!
Everyday! xo

14 comments:

  1. oh I love images of the Statue of Liberty. I've only seen her from the Staten Island Ferry because we didn't have time to visit her properly - maybe next time ;)
    thank you.

    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of her before she turned green. LOL I have only seen her once from afar (she was about an inch tall) and my heart lept out of my throat. Thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @LaVerne - Seeing her in person is just amazing! Almost surreal...xo

      -pamela :)

      Delete
  3. WONDERFUL images Pamela!!!!!!! When I saw it, I thought, "Yeah! We need Vintage 4th of July images!!" :) Thank You!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Becky - Vintage 4th of July images is a fantastic suggestion! xo

      -pamela :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the postcard image!! I've seen Her from a distance...it seems like they were cleaning/working on her while we were there & we weren't allowed to actually dock & visit Her : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the postcard image!! I've seen Her from a distance...it seems like they were cleaning/working on her while we were there & we weren't allowed to actually dock & visit Her : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it and the history lesson. Isn't it lovely how you can share your passion for history on a daily basis and find many eager listeners? It must be nice for you as well as it is for us.
    Blessings & hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the interesting facts! I hope to visit the US one day! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic image - thanks for sharing. I love your trivia about Lady Liberty. I'm lucky to have seen her "up close and personal" and she's beautiful. I cast my vote for vintage 4th of July images; they'd be perfect for our neighborhood parade fliers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been fortunate enough to be able to visit her. She is amazing! Thank you so much for these images!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your comments! I am so flattered that you stopped by! xo

-pamela :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...