Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Free Vintage Downloads - Ephemera

What is ephemera?

{e·phem·er·a}

Written or printed collectible memorabilia

Basically it's just old papers, tickets, brochures,
receipts, envelopes, written letters, etc..
that had some sort of significance
at one time...

Would you ever had thought that a hand written
letter would be a thing of the past?

It's strange to think that they are sold
in antique shops, but people collect them...

{Click to download/save jpg image...}

I like the illustrations and penmanship.

{Click to download/save jpg image...}

*Pork, Lard, & Sausages*
Lard was an important cooking staple
up until the early 1900's, when it was replaced
with vegetable oils and butter.

Did you know that pure lard has no trans fat
and has less saturated fat than butter?

{Click to download/save jpg image...}


Hey, this guy looks like
a beardless Abe Lincoln!
{Click to download/save jpg image...}

I like this one:
{Click to download/save jpg image...}

These would be great additions
to any ATCs, Altered Art, DIY,
or handmade card projects.

~~~~

I'm so very glad you stopped by!
xo

14 comments:

  1. Not generally the style I craft in, but these are beautiful papers. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...you just never know when you're going to need a pork, lard or sausage ephemera!
    LOVE IT!!!! Still giggling though...hahahaha
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it .... ohhhhhh so coool, thank youuuu Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just awesome, Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love all of them! I did not know that about the lard and trans fats...huh! lol Thanks so much, Pamela! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage ephemera especially from other countries, but like the Eastman and, yes, the pork, lard and sausage is great! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are cool &, you're right, that guy DOES look like a beardless Abraham Lincoln!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the images and the lesson. I love the look of all of them especially the Hotel De France.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Lisa M! Sorry Pamela - thanks for the interesting facts but still don't think I can cope with the thought of lard! ;) These are such great snippets into history! Thanks Pamela! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the John E. Towle receipt! DH raises hogs. By the way, lard is wonderful for pie crusts. Not that I render lard or make pies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love vintage ephemera. Thank you so much!!

    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you fir the digi's I also absolutely love vinetage digi's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pamela

    I am sooooo enjoying your blogs - the downloads are some of the best I've seen on the web - and it's nice to know that downloading them is safe and ensures that I'm not flounting any copyright laws - I'd only ever use them for personal use anyway...

    Thank you for clearing up the definition of ephemera - i've never know the true meaning of it - I just thought it was anything vintage!!!

    Thank you

    Paula x xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your comments! I am so flattered that you stopped by! xo

-pamela :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...